Admission Process: Montessori I
The Gimnasio Moderno reports that the Admission Process for the Montessori Grade I is open: children 4 years old in January 2021.
In order to serve the families concerned during the COVID-19 containment measures, the Coordination of the Admissions Office will provide all information about the school and the admissions process by telephone. We invite you to contact Juliana Gutierrez at 314 445 4122
Montessori Grade I has three classrooms each with an average of 22 students.
The only requirement to be able to complete the Pre-Enrollment Form is that male children who are presented by their families to enter this grade, must be 4 years old in January 2021, i.e. children who were born between:
January 1st, 2016 and January 1st, 2017
The Admission Process for Montessori I consists of 6 steps:
PROCESSING THE PRE-REGISTRATION FORM
Families wishing to participate in this Admission Process must complete the following Pre-Enrollment form:
TALK ABOUT THE SCHOOL
In this call, pre-registered families visit the school to learn more about its philosophy, the pedagogical project and its facilities:
PROGRAMMING OF THE “TALK ABOUT THE SCHOOL”, ACCORDING TO THE TERM:
Friday, February 14th 2020
Friday, May 8th 2020 (Virtual Information)
Friday, August 28, 2020
Friday, October 16th 2020
The Talk about the School will be held in the Founders’ Library at 7:00 a.m. (On May 8th the information will be delivered virtually)
DELIVERY OF THE FORM, DOCUMENTS AND ATTACHMENTS
Interested families will be able to purchase the Application Form in the Treasury Office after the Talk about the School is over.
The documents to be attached to the Montessori I Admission Application Form are:
- Copy of the Colombian Civil Registry or Passport if you are a foreigner.
- Copy of Child’s Residence Visa and his/her parents if foreigner.
- If you are a foreigner, Birth Certificate that includes the information of both parents.
- Three (3) recent photos of the applicant, they must be passport size.
- Good Standing certification from the current school.
- Format to be filled by the Children’s School. (comes with admission form)
- Last report issued by the Children’s School.
- Psychological information sheet. (comes with the admission form. Must be filled by the parents of the applicant child)
- If your child receives any support from external specialists (phono audiology, occupational therapy, psychology, neurology, psychiatry), please attach the latest report from the professional.
- One (1) family photo.
It is necessary to submit all documents with the Form in order to schedule the children candidates for the observation day.
KNOWLEDGE OF THE CHILD
The School invites aspiring children to spend one morning at school. During this time, the teachers of the school will have the opportunity to meet them in the school environment in the campus of the educational institution.
In order to learn about the aspiring families, the school assigns a formal appointment for the parents, the child, one member of the psychological team and one director of the School. The time and date of these meetings will be reported during the child meeting (Step 4).
ADMISSIONS AND RESULTS COMMITTEE
After the previous steps have been completed, the Admissions Committee will meet to carefully study teachers’ observations during the “Child Meeting” and the “Family Dialogue” report. Depending on the result, the school will send each registered family an official response through the registered e-mails. The communication sent to the families, indicates the dates and the procedure to be applied in order to start the Enrollment Process.
To access to information about the Admission Process for candidates over the age of 5 years old, click here
Juliana Gutiérrez: JulianaGutierrez@GimnasioModerno.edu.co
Admissions Line: (314) 445 4122
This post is also available in: Spanish