Considering that the Chapel of the Holy Apostles of the Gimnasio Moderno depends on the Parish of “La Porciúncula”, that is the place where the bride and groom must process the documents related to the Marriage, approximately two months in advance. The Parish is located in Carrera 11 No. 72 – 82 Phone: 235 8329 The Marriage Certification will be issued by the Parish of “La Porciúncula” in the week following the celebration.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE CELEBRATION OF MARRIAGE
- There must be complete freedom and you must be over 18 years old.
- To get in touch with the Priest of the parish that is located near to where the groom or bride currently lives, at least two months before the wedding.
Provide a recently issued and authenticated Baptism Certification: no more than three months.
- Confirmation Certification: If the bride or the groom is not confirmed, the parish priest will tell you what to do.
- Civil Birth Registry.
- Premarital course certificate.
- Two photos of the groom and the bride (Size must correspond to the Colombian National ID).
- One witness for each party: preferably the father, mother or brother.
- Photocopy of the Colombian National ID of each of the contracting parties.
- Photocopy of the Colombian National ID of the two witnesses of the marriage celebration.
- If the bride and groom do not belong to this Parish and wish to celebrate the marriage here, they must bring the license of the parish priest before whom they performed the previous process.
IMPORTANT: After the marriage, it is necessary to take the ecclesiastical certification within the following 30 days to a Notary Office near the place where the marriage was celebrated to obtain the Civil Registry.
This post is also available in: Spanish